Project Title: Enhanced Swarm Intelligence Algorithm for Highly-Complex Real-time Optimization Problems.
Short Description: Formulation of an enhanced Particle Swarm Optimization (PSO) algorithm for cooperative spectrum sensing and resource allocation applications in Cognitive Radio Networks (CRNs).
Project Period: 2 Years.
Research Cluster: Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
Funding Agency: Ministry of Education (MOE).
Funding Scheme: Fundamental Research Grant Scheme (FRGS).
Location: Faculty of Engineering (FOE), MMU, 63100 Cyberjaya.
• Pursuing Master of Engineering Science, M.Eng.Sc (by research),
• Conducting research on various variants of particle swarm optimization (PSO) and formulate an enhanced version that can be efficiently used for real-time wireless applications such as spectrum sensing and resource allocation in cognitive radio networks (CRNs),
• Publish research findings in conference and journal papers,
• Up to 4 hours per week of administrative work assigned by the Faculty.
Benefits (not limited to):
• Monthly salary of RM 2000-2300 (depending on applicant’s qualifications).
• Waived tuition fees (separate application is required).
• Attending local conferences/trainings.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Electronics/Computer/Telecommunications engineering with minimum second upper class (preferably CGPA above 3.5).
• Background knowledge on Wireless Communications. Knowing Soft Computing and Evolutionary Optimization Algorithms is an added advantage.
• Being independent, self-motivated, keen to learn, creative and able to work under pressure.
• Good communication skills and English proficiency
How to Apply?
Interested candidates should send their up-to-date CVs (including publications, if any, photo, contact details for 2 references) via email to Dr. Ayman Abd El-Saleh at firstname.lastname@example.org