Each summer, the International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA), located in Schloss Laxenburg near Vienna, Austria, hosts a selected group of graduate students from around the world in its Young Scientists Summer Program (YSSP). These students work closely with an IIASA senior scientist mentor on a project proposed by the student,related to his or her graduate research, with the goal of a publishable paper.
WHAT IS IIASA?
IIASA is an international institution, supported by twenty member nations, engaged in scientific research aimed at providing policy insight on issues of importance in the following global problem areas and programs:
- Transitions to New Technologies
- Advanced Systems Analysis
- Ecosystem Services and Management
- Mitigation of Air Pollution and Greenhouse Gases
- Evolution and Ecology
- World Population
- Risk Policy and Vulnerability
GLOBAL PROBLEM AREAS
- Energy and Climate Change
- Food and Water
- Poverty and Equity
YOU SHOULD APPLY IF:
- you are an advanced graduate student;
- your field is compatible with ongoing research at IIASA;
- your research and career would benefit from working alongside 50 or so young scientists as well as senior scientists from around the world;
- you would like to explore the policy implications of your work.
HOW DO YOU APPLY?
An on-line application form, along with more information, is at