In line with the key drivers (MMU strategic Roadmap) - Ensure Academic & R&D Excellence, Siti Hasmah Digital Library in collaboration with Elsevier would like to invite all Academicians, Researchers & Postgraduate Students to participate in the workshop "How to Write a Great Research Paper, and Get it Accepted by a Good Journal" that will take place on:
Date : 29 August 2014
Time : 2.30pm – 5.30pm (2.30pm – Registration on-site)
Venue : Lecture Hall (FOMXR0001), Faculty of Management, Cyberjaya.
*Transport will be provided for participants from Melaka
Major Sections of the workshop:
- What steps do I need to take before I write my paper?
- Using citation database to evaluate journals, authors and collaborators
- How can I ensure I am using proper manuscript language?
- How do I build up my article properly?
- What are the author’s responsibilities & rights?
Part B: Using Scopus and Mendeley as a research and publishing tool
- Functionalities of the world’s largest A&I citation database
- Picking the right journal for your article submission via the journal analyser
- Brief introduction to the social network for Academics - Mendeley
Dr. Teng-Broug is currently a Publisher in the Mathematical Sciences. She has been with Elsevier for the past 18 years, during which she has worked with various scientific communities, amongst which Economics, Finance and now the Mathematical Sciences.
Ms. Elise Shen is responsible for assessing the research needs of institutions and recommending suitable e-solutions to complement research work flow. She graduated from the University of London, Imperial College of London, with a degree in MSc International Healthcare Management.
The seats are limited to 200 persons and for reservation, please register at: http://asia.elsevier.com/MMU