Following the Multimedia University Engineering Society Overseas Research Program (MESCORP)’s fruitful research trip to Japan last May, the University of Electro-Communications (UEC), Japan is working hand in hand with MESCORP to provide a golden opportunity to all MMU engineering students to gain similar experience through the 2014 Sakura Exchange Program in Science.
Organized by the National University Corporation University of Electro-Communications (UEC), Japan, the Japan-Asia Youth Exchange Program in Science, also known as the “Sakura Exchange Program in Science”, is a Japan government scholarship program which offers opportunity to Asian youths to participate in a research visit to Japan, and joining activities and programs such as attending special lectures and visiting esteemed research laboratories in Japan.
The theme chosen is “Fuel Battery and Relevant Advanced Science and Technology toward the Future Low Carbon Society” as it is very much addressing the global issues of today which must be tackled by all countries.
The duration for this program is 8 days, and it is expected to start at the end of October or early November (the exact date will be confirmed later).
This program is fully funded by the Japan Science and Technology Corporation (JST) and Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology of Japan (MEXT). The following expenses will be fully sponsored by the Japanese government:
- Air ticket (two ways)
- Domestic transport fare
- Food arrangement
- Entrance fees
Eligibility and Criteria for Selection:
- FOE and FET undergraduate students (2nd year & 3rd year students are encouraged to apply)
- FOE and FET postgraduate students, limited to Masters’ students only
- Good CGPA
- Strong interest in studying advanced science and technology in Japan
1. Those interested are required to submit the following documents latest by Sept 3, 2014:
- 2014 Sakura Exchange Program Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae
- Certified academic transcript
- Other supporting documents mentioned in the Application Form
2. Obtain Faculty Dean's recommendation.
3. Mark your application package as “Application for 2014 Sakura Exchange Program” and send the “completesigned application package” with all the required documents via:
- email to firstname.lastname@example.org; and
- hard copy to the address mentioned below:
Prof. Dr. Ridzuan Mokhtar
Collaborative Research & Innovation Centre (CRIC),
63100 Cyberjaya, Selangor
Shortlisted candidates will be informed and invited to attend an interview session at a later date.
For more info, please refer to MMU RBSE Fan Page.
Please do not hesitate to contact Ms. Shuba at 03-83125277 should you need any assistance.